Connect with us

Australia

Selena Gomez and mother unfollow each other on Instagram

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 21:28 EST, 19 December 2017 | Updated: 21:35 EST, 19 December ..

Published

on

By Dailymail.com Reporter

Published: 21:28 EST, 19 December 2017 | Updated: 21:35 EST, 19 December 2017

Selena Gomez and her mother, Mandy Teefey, no longer follow each other on Instagram.

It had been noted by fans on Tuesday that the 25-year-old and her mother, whose Instagram account is kicked2thecurbproductions, have unfollowed each other on the social media platform.

This recent development all comes after TMZ reported that Mandy was taken to a hospital last week after getting in a 'heated' conversation with Selena about her reuniting with on-off ex Justin Bieber.

Unfollowed: Selena Gomez and her mother, Mandy Teefey, have unfollowed each other on Instagram (pictured 2017)

Unfollowed: Selena Gomez and her mother, Mandy Teefey, have unfollowed each other on Instagram (pictured 2017)

TMZ reported Mandy had a 'heated conversation' with Selena over Justin, which led to a voluntary 'welfare' check-up.

According to TMZ, Selena's family will 'never forgive him or accept [Justin]' for their complicated split in 2014.

A source told the website that Mandy was taken to a welfare centre in Los Angeles for a health check 'at a family member's request'.

TMZ has previously reported that Justin is a 'huge trigger' for Selena's family and have reportedly said they intend to stay away from him.

Low key: Gomez stepped out solo in Los Angeles for a Pilates session on TuesdayLow key: Gomez stepped out solo in Los Angeles for a Pilates session on Tuesday

Low key: Gomez stepped out solo in Los Angeles for a Pilates session on Tuesday

The discussion reportedly became heated when Selena's mother learned how 'serious' the reunion was.

A representative for Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez has been contacted by MailOnline for comment.

A source told People the reason Mandy voluntarily checked into the hospital was not just because of Justin.

Flashback: Three days earlier, Mandy Teefey took to Instagram in memory of other daughter, Scarlett, who she lost in 2011 due to a miscarriage; Mandy pictured with husband Brian Teefey while pregnant with ScarlettFlashback: Three days earlier, Mandy Teefey took to Instagram in memory of other daughter, Scarlett, who she lost in 2011 due to a miscarriage; Mandy pictured with husband Brian Teefey while pregnant with Scarlett

Flashback: Three days earlier, Mandy Teefey took to Instagram in memory of other daughter, Scarlett, who she lost in 2011 due to a miscarriage; Mandy pictured with husband Brian Teefey while pregnant with Scarlett

Out and about: Selena showed off her svelte figure in the form fitting bottomsOut and about: Selena showed off her svelte figure in the form fitting bottoms

Out and about: Selena showed off her svelte figure in the form fitting bottoms

'It’s been a stressful time for Mandy and she made the decision herself to go to the hospital and make sure everything was okay…This wasn’t just about Justin,' the source said.

A source for Justin told the website he's aware Selena's family isn't happy with him, but he's determined to prove himself to them.

'He is sad that her mom is not doing well,' the source added.

Love: Mandy, who is married to Brian Teefey, continued: 'Dec 17 will never be the same, but we decide to celebrate her by writing her letters on red balloons and releasing them; Mandy pictured holding Selena as a babyLove: Mandy, who is married to Brian Teefey, continued: 'Dec 17 will never be the same, but we decide to celebrate her by writing her letters on red balloons and releasing them; Mandy pictured holding Selena as a baby

Love: Mandy, who is married to Brian Teefey, continued: 'Dec 17 will never be the same, but we decide to celebrate her by writing her letters on red balloons and releasing them; Mandy pictured holding Selena as a baby

This comes just three days after Mandy took to Instagram in memory of her other daughter, Scarlett, who she lost on December 17, 2011 due to a miscarriage.

Mandy penned the note on the anniversary of her miscarriage: 'Thank you to all the fans who honored our Scarlett yesterday.'

The 41-year-old 13 Reasons Why executive producer, wrote on her Instagram account on Saturday: 'Dec 17 will never be the same, but we decide to celebrate her by writing her letters on red balloons and releasing them. Now the 17th is intertwined with the wrap of S2,' referring to season two of 13 Reasons Why.

Blast from the past: After her miscarriage of Scarlett in 2011, Mandy gave birth to a daughter named Gracie on June 12, 2013; Selena pictured with Mandy while pregnant with daughter GracieBlast from the past: After her miscarriage of Scarlett in 2011, Mandy gave birth to a daughter named Gracie on June 12, 2013; Selena pictured with Mandy while pregnant with daughter Gracie

Blast from the past: After her miscarriage of Scarlett in 2011, Mandy gave birth to a daughter named Gracie on June 12, 2013; Selena pictured with Mandy while pregnant with daughter Gracie

Adding: 'So, she was there in spirit as always. A moms love for their children is pretty fierce. In order of my girls, Selena, Scarlett and Gracie.'

Mandy then spoke about her 13 Reasons Why cast and crew; she wrote: 'Family is what matters, blood or not. #family13 made me smile and feel loved when so needed and they didn't know.'

Concluding: 'Then, I came home to Brian and Gracie to send our love to Scarlett. Fans, I want you to know you are family because I have a huge family and you are the only ones who remember! XO forever.'

Mandy is married to Brian Teefey; they wed in 2006.

After her miscarriage of Scarlett in 2011, Mandy gave birth to a daughter named Gracie on June 12, 2013.

She was previously married to Selena's dad, Ricardo Joel Gomez.

Sisterly love: Selena pictured with her younger sibling GracieSisterly love: Selena pictured with her younger sibling Gracie

Sisterly love: Selena pictured with her younger sibling Gracie

Read more:

Original Article

The post Selena Gomez and mother unfollow each other on Instagram appeared first on News Wire Now.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Australia

Sydney seaplane crash: Exhaust fumes affected pilot, report confirms

Published

on

By

The pilot of a seaplane that crashed into an Australian river, killing all on board, had been left confused and disorientated by leaking exhaust fumes, investigators have confirmed.

The Canadian pilot and five members of a British family died in the crash north of Sydney in December 2017.

All were found to have higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide in their blood, a final report has found.

It recommended the mandatory fitting of gas detectors in all such planes.

British businessman Richard Cousins, 58, died alongside his 48-year-old fiancée, magazine editor Emma Bowden, her 11-year-old daughter Heather and his sons, Edward, 23, and William, 25, and pilot Gareth Morgan, 44. Mr Cousins was the chief executive of catering giant Compass.

The family had been on a sightseeing flight in the de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver plane when it nose-dived into the Hawkesbury River at Jerusalem Bay, about 50km (30 miles) from the city centre.

The final report by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) confirmed the findings of an interim report published in 2020.

It said pre-existing cracks in the exhaust collector ring were believed to have released exhaust gas into the engine bay. Holes left by missing bolts in a firewall then allowed the fumes to enter the cabin.

“As a result, the pilot would have almost certainly experienced effects such as confusion, visual disturbance and disorientation,” the report said.

“Consequently, it was likely that this significantly degraded the pilot’s ability to safely operate the aircraft.”

The ATSB recommended the Civil Aviation Safety Authority consider mandating the fitting of carbon monoxide detectors in piston-engine aircraft that carry passengers.

It previously issued safety advisory notices to owners and operators of such aircraft that they install detectors “with an active warning” to pilots”. Operators and maintainers of planes were also advised to carry out detailed inspections of exhaust systems and firewalls.

Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55862128

Continue Reading

Australia

Australia unlikely to fully reopen border in 2021, says top official

Published

on

By

Australia is unlikely to fully open its borders in 2021 even if most of its population gets vaccinated this year as planned, says a senior health official.

The comments dampen hopes raised by airlines that travel to and from the country could resume as early as July.

Department of Health Secretary Brendan Murphy made the prediction after being asked about the coronavirus’ escalation in other nations.

Dr Murphy spearheaded Australia’s early action to close its borders last March.

“I think that we’ll go most of this year with still substantial border restrictions,” he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Monday.

“Even if we have a lot of the population vaccinated, we don’t know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus,” he said, adding that he believed quarantine requirements for travellers would continue “for some time”.

Citizens, permanent residents and those with exemptions are allowed to enter Australia if they complete a 14-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.

Qantas – Australia’s national carrier – reopened bookings earlier this month, after saying it expected international travel to “begin to restart from July 2021.”

However, it added this depended on the Australian government’s deciding to reopen borders.

Australia’s tight restrictions

The country opened a travel bubble with neighbouring New Zealand late last year, but currently it only operates one-way with inbound flights to Australia.

Australia has also discussed the option of travel bubbles with other low-risk places such as Taiwan, Japan and Singapore.

A vaccination scheme is due to begin in Australia in late February. Local authorities have resisted calls to speed up the process, giving more time for regulatory approvals.

Australia has so far reported 909 deaths and about 22,000 cases, far fewer than many nations. It reported zero locally transmitted infections on Monday.

Experts have attributed much of Australia’s success to its swift border lockdown – which affected travellers from China as early as February – and a hotel quarantine system for people entering the country.

Local outbreaks have been caused by hotel quarantine breaches, including a second wave in Melbourne. The city’s residents endured a stringent four-month lockdown last year to successfully suppress the virus.

Other outbreaks – including one in Sydney which has infected about 200 people – prompted internal border closures between states, and other restrictions around Christmas time.

The state of Victoria said on Monday it would again allow entry to Sydney residents outside of designated “hotspots”, following a decline in cases.

While the measures have been praised, many have also criticised them for separating families across state borders and damaging businesses.

Dr Murphy said overall Australia’s virus response had been “pretty good” but he believed the nation could have introduced face masks earlier and improved its protections in aged care homes.

In recent days, Australia has granted entry to about 1,200 tennis players, staff and officials for the Australian Open. The contingent – which has recorded at least nine infections – is under quarantine.

Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55699581

Continue Reading

Australia

Covid: Brisbane to enter three-day lockdown over single infection

Published

on

By

The Australian city of Brisbane has begun a snap three-day lockdown after a cleaner in its hotel quarantine system became infected with coronavirus.

Health officials said the cleaner had the highly transmissible UK variant and they were afraid it could spread.

Brisbane has seen very few cases of the virus beyond quarantined travellers since Australia’s first wave last year.

It is the first known instance of this variant entering the Australian community outside of hotel quarantine.

The lockdown is for five populous council areas in Queensland’s state capital.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced the measure on Friday morning local time, about 16 hours after the woman tested positive.

Ms Palaszczuk said the lockdown aimed to halt the virus as rapidly as possible, adding: “Doing three days now could avoid doing 30 days in the future.”

“I think everybody in Queensland… knows what we are seeing in the UK and other places around the world is high rates of infection from this particular strain,” she said.

“And we do not want to see that happening here in our great state.”

Australia has reported 28,500 coronavirus infections and 909 deaths since the pandemic began. By contrast, the US, which is the hardest-hit country, has recorded more than 21 million infections while nearly 362,000 people have died of the disease.The lockdown will begin at 18:00 on Friday (08:00 GMT) in the Brisbane city, Logan and the Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands local government areas.

Residents will only be allowed to leave home for certain reasons, such as buying essential items and seeking medical care.

For the first time, residents in those areas will also be required to wear masks outside of their homes.

Australia has faced sporadic outbreaks over the past year, with the most severe one in Melbourne triggering a lockdown for almost four months.

A pre-Christmas outbreak in Sydney caused fresh alarm, but aggressive testing and contact-tracing has kept infection numbers low. The city recorded four local cases on Friday.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s government has pledged to start mass vaccinations in February instead of March as was planned.

Lockdown interrupts ‘near normal’ life in Brisbane

Simon Atkinson, BBC News in Brisbane

At 8:00 today I popped to the local supermarket for some bread, milk – and because it’s summer here – a mango. I was pretty much the only customer.

When I went past the same shop a couple of hours later it was a different story – 50 people standing in the drizzle – queuing to get inside as others emerged with bulging shopping bags. “Heaps busier than Christmas,” a cheery trolley attendant told me. “It’s off the scale”.

Despite the “don’t panic” messages from authorities, pictures on social media show it’s a pattern being repeated across the city.

While shutdowns are common around the world, the tough and sudden stay-at-home order for Brisbane has caught people on the hop here after months of near normality.

But while such a rapid, hard lockdown off the back of just a single case of Covid-19 will seem crazy in some parts of the world, I’ve not come across too many people complaining.

And I don’t think that’s just because Aussies love to follow a rule. This is the first time the UK variant of the virus has been detected in the community in Australia.

And nobody here wants Brisbane to go through what Melbourne suffered last year. Even if it means going without mangoes.

Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55582836

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 , madridjournals.com