Published: 11:51 EST, 1 January 2018 | Updated: 11:51 EST, 1 January 2018
She claims that the white bikini she wore on I'm A Celebrity in 2006 re-launched her career as she posed in the famous waterfall.
And Myleene Klass looked sensational when she posed in an almost identical two-piece as she went back into the jungle on holiday to an unknown destination.
The 39-year-old showed off her trim figure and looked as though she had barely aged a day since she first wore the look.
Scroll down for video
'Jungle is massive': Myleene Klass recreated THAT famous white bikini shower scene on Instagram on Monday… 11 years after sexy two-piece re-launched her career on I'm A Celebrity
Last minute buy: Myleene , 39, recently revealed she 'nearly didn't have' the very bikini that made her a household name during her stint on I'm A Celebrity back in 2006
She captioned one image of herself in the waterfalls with the words, 'Don't go chasing…' alongside the water droplet emoji.
The mother-of-two also shared a picture of herself standing among some trees, writing, 'Jungle is massive,' alongside a palm tree emoji.
Myleene's latest snaps comes soon after she said she 'nearly didn't have' the very bikini that made her a household name, as it had been a last minute buy following the advice of show producers.
Looking the part: The mother-of-two also shared a picture of herself standing among some trees, writing, 'Jungle is massive,' alongside a palm tree emoji
The former Hear'Say star explained during an appearance on ITV's Through the Keyhole I’m a Celebrity special that she had rushed to a shop just moments before entering the jungle, as her original choice in swimwear was deemed 'not fit' for the camera.
Myleene starred as a guest on the show, joining host Keith Lemon and fellow stars Stacey Solomon, Jimmy Carr and Tony Blackburn.
She was reminded of her bikini moment in the jungle, as a picture of her in action in the shower flashed up on screen, prompting Keith to tell her: 'You invented the white bikini in the jungle.'
And sharing an insight into how she decided to include the two-piece among her limited camp possessions, Myleene revealed: 'I very nearly didn't have that bikini.'
Cheeky Keith quickly questioned: 'You were going to go naked?' before Myleene explained: 'I had this red bikini and I had a stripy bikini, but the producers said it might strobe, you know when you get the funny effects [on camera].
Who knew?! The former Hear'Say star explained during an appearance on ITV's Through the Keyhole I’m a Celebrity special that she had rushed to a shop just moments before entering the jungle
'So on the way, I just ran into a shop and gave them $30 for that bikini,' the mother-of-two said, before joking: 'If I'd had known the power of it… $100.'
Her admission comes after Myleene previously credited her appearance on much-loved reality series I'm A Celebrity for giving her a second shot at fame, as she opened up about the perils of being in the limelight and her struggle with fame in her younger years.
She had rocketed into the spotlight on talent show Popstars, where she secured a place in band Hear'Say in 2000, but Myleene confessed she had an unpleasant fall from fame just 20 months later when the band broke up.
Speaking on the BUILD panel, she had said: 'It felt like a parody, it didn't feel real as it happened so quickly.
Strategic: Myleene revealed she was advised by presenters to ditch a stripy two-piece she had intended on bringing in because it 'might strobe' on camera
Insightful: She said: 'I had this red bikini and I had a stripy bikini, but the producers said it might strobe, you know when you get the funny effects [on camera]'
'We couldn't be without each other as we became such a unit, and would do everything together – even when the tour was over. After 20 months it all come to an end, my career finished when all my friends' careers were starting.'
'I was too famous too work in McDonald's but not famous enough for good roles, I went from rags to riches and rags, bankruptcy! We went from private jets to having nothing', she admitted.
'I sat and watched box sets on the sofa, had jobless friends around – it was a very dark time. I can see why fame drives people crazy. It's like a drug- like being a kid, no one says no. Whatever you want you can have. You never have to do anything yourself.'
Household name! Her admission comes after Myleene previously credited her appearance on much-loved reality series I'm A Celebrity for giving her a second shot at fame
Second chance: Myleene claimed: 'The offers following my white bikini moment, from modelling to more, were just staggering. I'd say to any girl go into the jungle – it worked for me!'
'I pushed myself to get where I got to, I was so determined and frightened that I wouldn't get anywhere- and that's always stuck with me.'
The starlet admitted her career began to flourish again following her appearance on I'm A Celebrity, as she found herself inundated with opportunities after taking to the jungle shower in her white bikini.
'When I went back into the jungle I had nothing to lose – I'd gone back into classical music, but it wasn't giving me that stimulation. The offers following my white bikini moment, from modelling to more, were just staggering. I'd say to any girl go into the jungle – it worked for me!'
Prior to I'm A Celeb stardom: She had rocketed into the spotlight on talent show Popstars, where she secured a place in band Hear'Say in 2000, but Myleene confessed she had an unpleasant fall from fame just 20 months later when the band broke up
Myleene ultimately finished on second place, behind Matt Willis, and following her stint on the show, she put her white bikini on auction, raising £7,500 for charity.
Her newly found sex symbol status was cemented further after Playboy offered her a six-figure deal to pose nude for their magazine.
Myleene is said to have received so many offers after her stint in the jungle that she netted three million pounds and is now the face of her own swimwear range – that she often seen flaunting her enviable frame in across her social media channels.
'You don't want to get bitten!' Vanessa White has admitted she only washed once every three days during her stint in I'm a Celebrity after claiming that the shower was infested with leeches
Since her I'm A Celebrity appearance, a slew of female stars have tried to recreate her iconic shower scenes during their time in camp. However, this year's campers were far more reluctant, with Vanessa White confessing she only chose to wash once every three days.
Insisting that she didn't find the jungle shower sexy at all, despite her steamy displays under the water, Vanessa told The Mirror: 'The shower is not glamorous – it is freezing cold. It is raining and there are leeches all over the floor.
'You just don’t want to get bitten,' she said before revealing she went against the wishes of medic Bob, who encouraged everyone to wash once a day.
'The thought of getting out of your clothes and being wet and then getting rained on and maybe leeched on, is not appealing. So I did go three days without washing half the time.'
Through the Keyhole I’m a Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here Special airs Saturday on ITV, 9.50pm
'It's not glamorous!' While the shower scenes are often deemed some of the show's sexiest, the 28-year-old claimed that couldn't be further from the truth [pictured: Campmates Georgia Toffolo [L] and Rebekah Vardy [R]]
The post Myleene Klass recreates THAT white bikini shower scene appeared first on News Wire Now.
Sydney seaplane crash: Exhaust fumes affected pilot, report confirms
The pilot of a seaplane that crashed into an Australian river, killing all on board, had been left confused and disorientated by leaking exhaust fumes, investigators have confirmed.
The Canadian pilot and five members of a British family died in the crash north of Sydney in December 2017.
All were found to have higher than normal levels of carbon monoxide in their blood, a final report has found.
It recommended the mandatory fitting of gas detectors in all such planes.
British businessman Richard Cousins, 58, died alongside his 48-year-old fiancée, magazine editor Emma Bowden, her 11-year-old daughter Heather and his sons, Edward, 23, and William, 25, and pilot Gareth Morgan, 44. Mr Cousins was the chief executive of catering giant Compass.
The family had been on a sightseeing flight in the de Havilland DHC-2 Beaver plane when it nose-dived into the Hawkesbury River at Jerusalem Bay, about 50km (30 miles) from the city centre.
The final report by the Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) confirmed the findings of an interim report published in 2020.
It said pre-existing cracks in the exhaust collector ring were believed to have released exhaust gas into the engine bay. Holes left by missing bolts in a firewall then allowed the fumes to enter the cabin.
“As a result, the pilot would have almost certainly experienced effects such as confusion, visual disturbance and disorientation,” the report said.
“Consequently, it was likely that this significantly degraded the pilot’s ability to safely operate the aircraft.”
The ATSB recommended the Civil Aviation Safety Authority consider mandating the fitting of carbon monoxide detectors in piston-engine aircraft that carry passengers.
It previously issued safety advisory notices to owners and operators of such aircraft that they install detectors “with an active warning” to pilots”. Operators and maintainers of planes were also advised to carry out detailed inspections of exhaust systems and firewalls.
Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55862128
Australia unlikely to fully reopen border in 2021, says top official
Australia is unlikely to fully open its borders in 2021 even if most of its population gets vaccinated this year as planned, says a senior health official.
The comments dampen hopes raised by airlines that travel to and from the country could resume as early as July.
Department of Health Secretary Brendan Murphy made the prediction after being asked about the coronavirus’ escalation in other nations.
Dr Murphy spearheaded Australia’s early action to close its borders last March.
“I think that we’ll go most of this year with still substantial border restrictions,” he told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation on Monday.
“Even if we have a lot of the population vaccinated, we don’t know whether that will prevent transmission of the virus,” he said, adding that he believed quarantine requirements for travellers would continue “for some time”.
Citizens, permanent residents and those with exemptions are allowed to enter Australia if they complete a 14-day hotel quarantine at their own expense.
Qantas – Australia’s national carrier – reopened bookings earlier this month, after saying it expected international travel to “begin to restart from July 2021.”
However, it added this depended on the Australian government’s deciding to reopen borders.
Australia’s tight restrictions
The country opened a travel bubble with neighbouring New Zealand late last year, but currently it only operates one-way with inbound flights to Australia.
Australia has also discussed the option of travel bubbles with other low-risk places such as Taiwan, Japan and Singapore.
A vaccination scheme is due to begin in Australia in late February. Local authorities have resisted calls to speed up the process, giving more time for regulatory approvals.
Australia has so far reported 909 deaths and about 22,000 cases, far fewer than many nations. It reported zero locally transmitted infections on Monday.
Experts have attributed much of Australia’s success to its swift border lockdown – which affected travellers from China as early as February – and a hotel quarantine system for people entering the country.
Local outbreaks have been caused by hotel quarantine breaches, including a second wave in Melbourne. The city’s residents endured a stringent four-month lockdown last year to successfully suppress the virus.
Other outbreaks – including one in Sydney which has infected about 200 people – prompted internal border closures between states, and other restrictions around Christmas time.
The state of Victoria said on Monday it would again allow entry to Sydney residents outside of designated “hotspots”, following a decline in cases.
While the measures have been praised, many have also criticised them for separating families across state borders and damaging businesses.
Dr Murphy said overall Australia’s virus response had been “pretty good” but he believed the nation could have introduced face masks earlier and improved its protections in aged care homes.
In recent days, Australia has granted entry to about 1,200 tennis players, staff and officials for the Australian Open. The contingent – which has recorded at least nine infections – is under quarantine.
Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55699581
Covid: Brisbane to enter three-day lockdown over single infection
The Australian city of Brisbane has begun a snap three-day lockdown after a cleaner in its hotel quarantine system became infected with coronavirus.
Health officials said the cleaner had the highly transmissible UK variant and they were afraid it could spread.
Brisbane has seen very few cases of the virus beyond quarantined travellers since Australia’s first wave last year.
It is the first known instance of this variant entering the Australian community outside of hotel quarantine.
The lockdown is for five populous council areas in Queensland’s state capital.
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk announced the measure on Friday morning local time, about 16 hours after the woman tested positive.
Ms Palaszczuk said the lockdown aimed to halt the virus as rapidly as possible, adding: “Doing three days now could avoid doing 30 days in the future.”
“I think everybody in Queensland… knows what we are seeing in the UK and other places around the world is high rates of infection from this particular strain,” she said.
“And we do not want to see that happening here in our great state.”
Australia has reported 28,500 coronavirus infections and 909 deaths since the pandemic began. By contrast, the US, which is the hardest-hit country, has recorded more than 21 million infections while nearly 362,000 people have died of the disease.The lockdown will begin at 18:00 on Friday (08:00 GMT) in the Brisbane city, Logan and the Ipswich, Moreton and Redlands local government areas.
Residents will only be allowed to leave home for certain reasons, such as buying essential items and seeking medical care.
For the first time, residents in those areas will also be required to wear masks outside of their homes.
Australia has faced sporadic outbreaks over the past year, with the most severe one in Melbourne triggering a lockdown for almost four months.
A pre-Christmas outbreak in Sydney caused fresh alarm, but aggressive testing and contact-tracing has kept infection numbers low. The city recorded four local cases on Friday.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s government has pledged to start mass vaccinations in February instead of March as was planned.
Lockdown interrupts ‘near normal’ life in Brisbane
Simon Atkinson, BBC News in Brisbane
At 8:00 today I popped to the local supermarket for some bread, milk – and because it’s summer here – a mango. I was pretty much the only customer.
When I went past the same shop a couple of hours later it was a different story – 50 people standing in the drizzle – queuing to get inside as others emerged with bulging shopping bags. “Heaps busier than Christmas,” a cheery trolley attendant told me. “It’s off the scale”.
Despite the “don’t panic” messages from authorities, pictures on social media show it’s a pattern being repeated across the city.
While shutdowns are common around the world, the tough and sudden stay-at-home order for Brisbane has caught people on the hop here after months of near normality.
But while such a rapid, hard lockdown off the back of just a single case of Covid-19 will seem crazy in some parts of the world, I’ve not come across too many people complaining.
And I don’t think that’s just because Aussies love to follow a rule. This is the first time the UK variant of the virus has been detected in the community in Australia.
And nobody here wants Brisbane to go through what Melbourne suffered last year. Even if it means going without mangoes.
Read from source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55582836
Australia2 years ago
Button and Diane Powellpark the school bus after three decades
Australia2 years ago
Button and Diane Powellpark the school bus after three decades
Tech10 months ago
Search engine startup asks users to be the customer, not the product
Europe4 months ago
Covid: Flights shut down as EU discusses UK virus threat
Health4 months ago
Spain ‘to register’ those who refuse to have Covid-19 vaccine
Europe3 months ago
Post-Brexit trade: Is red tape chaos just ‘teething trouble’ as the UK government argues?
Australia3 months ago
Covid: Brisbane to enter three-day lockdown over single infection
Arts3 years ago
How a chain-link mosque at the Vancouver Biennale became a community hub