Top LatAm Sports Sites: 34.4% of Mexican Internet-Users Consume Sports Content Online
What: We looked at Comscore data of the most-visited Sports sites in Latin America, and particularly in Mexico.
Why it matters: Latin Americans are very interested in sports; the websites they choose to consume content shed light on what interests them the most.
With the World Cup around the corner, sports websites are becoming more and more relevant to consumers. For Latin American audiences, websites that are informative and comprehensive are at a clear advantage, and more so if they offer relevant video content or even streaming links. It will be interesting to take a look at how the ranking moves in the following months as we get closer to World Cup months.
Top 10 Sports Sites in Latin America, April 2018
|Total Audience, Home and Work, PC/Laptop.||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Total Internet: Total Audience||183,917|
|8||El Comercio Deporte Total DT||2,440|
- [Source: comScore]
- From the total amount of Latin Americans with an internet connection, 28.3% consumed sports content online in April.
- Those users chose a variety of sites to find the content they were looking for, but Brazilian website Globo Esportes had the most visitors: 21.1%.
- MSN Sports was visited by 13.7% of Latin Americans looking for sports content online.
- UOL Esporte is right behind with 9.5% of visits.
- 8.1% of visitors went to the ESPN website.
- 7.4% of sports content users visited AS.com sites, which is also number one in the ranking of Mexican sites.
- Marca Sites was seen by 6.6% of sports content users; very similarly, Desafio Mundial received 6.5% of visits.
- 4.6% of users preferred to find sports content on El Comercio Deporte Total DT.
- Ole.com.ar was seen by 4.3% of viewers.
- 3.5% of viewers visited RojaDirecta.me, a website that could become more relevant as the World Cup approaches, since more users will be looking for links to stream matches for free.
Top 10 Sports Sites in Mexico, April 2018
|Total Audience, Home, and Work, PC/Laptop. All Tablets, All Smartphones||Total Unique Visitors (000)|
|Total Internet: Total Audience||64,619|
|8||El Comercio Deporte Total DT||1,309|
- 34.4% of Mexicans with an internet connection consumed sports content online in April.
- 19.4% of those users visited AS.com to find that content.
- Marca Sites was visited by 18.4% of viewers.
- 16.5% of users searched for sports content on ESPN.
- Medio Tiempo received 15% of visits.
- 11.4% of sports content users visited Record.
- MSN Sports and Televisa Deportes received almost identical numbers of visitors, each with 9.6% of visits.
- El Comercio Deporte Total DT was seen by 5.8% of users.
- 4.9% of viewers visited DEPOR.COM.
- 4.1% of users went to Minute Media.
Janet has worked as editor and translator since 2013. After graduating with honors when receiving her Bachelor's Degree in English literature, she began working as a book reviewer for Expansión, the leading business magazine in Mexico. She has also worked as editor of young adult literature for publishing houses like Planeta and Penguin, and she's the author of a book of short stories. She's in the process of getting her MA in English at McGill University. Her interests include arts, good food, and her 8 pets.