Race-by-race tips and preview for Warwick Farm on Wednesday
Selections based on a good track.
RACE 1 – 12.50PM: HARRY ANGEL NEW TO DARLEY PLATE (1300m)
5. Zouologist is a little on the short side in the market but the way the race looks to pan out on paper he should be hitting the front early in the straight and be the one to catch. Wasnt tested at all in his trial, entitled to run well.
Dangers: 7. Les Amoureux has shown promise in her five starts and has been narrowly denied twice over slightly more ground. Coming off a two-month break, shell get back a bit and is sure to be charging home. 4. Scepter Of Power led at his only start back in August and stayed on fairly behind the placings. Given time and has been gelded, his recent trial was sound and it wouldnt shock if hes improved. 9. Task And Purpose is a 10-start maiden but she has placed in five of them. Taken hold of in her latest trial and finished last so no guide there on how shes going. Capable of another placing at least.
How to play it: Zoulologist to win, quinella 5 and 7.
RACE 2 – 1.25PM: JUSTIFY @ COOLMORE HANDICAP (1300m)
2. Antonio Padre appeals first-up at each-way odds. He was in the market on debut and had a very tough run behind Castelvecchio so thats worth forgiving. Two trials coming into this and the second was particularly pleasing. Drawn ideally and hes a good chance.
Dangers: 1. Erno showed speed to dart through and lead and from there wasnt overly troubled in winning on debut at Wyong. Expect hell look to lead again up on top of the ground and if he gets control he will take running down again. 13. Peralta has been an eye-catcher from well back at both starts over shorter trips and he turns up fresh with blinkers on. Likely hell be the one rushing home again. 5. Dhiaga wasnt disgraced on debut here on a heavy track, working home well wide out. Plenty of positives for him here with an extra 100m, nice gate and firmer surface. Keep in mind.
How to play it: Antonio Padre E/W.
RACE 3 – 2.00PM: PRESS STATEMENT @ VINERY HANDICAP (1100m)
6. Invictus Salute has some compelling form around her and has struck a race where she should find the lead and give plenty of cheek. Back in class from the group 3 last time and placed in a strong form race at Hawkesbury prior. Listed placed at her last run on a good track. Everything points to her going close.
Dangers: 4. Let Me Sleep On It didnt come up in two runs in Melbourne last time in but shes shown a bit more in her two trials in March the latest in strong company. On-pacer who is one to keep very safe. 5. Belladeel has had two starts at 1400m and returns here at 1100m which is a negative. Pushed a bit to win his trial at Rosehill on a heavy track. Promising but cant have him on top at this trip, if he wins hes in for a very big campaign. 1. Ronstar has a win over Diplomatico to his name and he has largely taken on better company than most of these. Game enough trial win coming in, has a big weight but on his best form hes a big threat.
How to play it: Invictus Salute to win, trifecta 6/1,4,5/1,4,5.
RACE 4 – 2.35PM: THE AGENCY REAL ESTATE HANDICAP (2200m)
6. Bajan Gold is close to a peak performance after two runs back over shorter trips. Held up for a run before working home nicely late at Randwick last time in a race won by the leader, both wins at 2000m so trip is ideal, drawn well and gets his chance to hit form.
Dangers: 2. Jakes Hill has put a couple of nice efforts together on heavy tracks and has blinkers on for the first time. Won just once in 15 starts so is a bit costly, though only eight have been for the Waller stable. Has another chance. 5. Screamarr is another with an unappealing strike rate but he will be better suited out to a middle distance after three runs back. Theyve all had merit so hes hard to ignore now hes reached his preferred trip. 3. King Viv made a long run from worse than midfield in running fourth at Randwick third-up, same race as Bajan Gold. Might be getting back into some form and is an each-way player.
How to play it: Bajan Gold each-way.
RACE 5 – 3.10PM: EVENTS BY ATC HANDICAP (1200m)
10. Reelem In Ruby is a promising filly which should have the race run to suit and allow her to settle back and sweep home. Nice winner first-up last time in then took on some smart ones at Rosehill out to 1400m. Super trial at Randwick a few weeks back and she will take holding out.
Dangers: 4. Nicco Lad was unlucky in a similar race here on a heavy track three weeks ago. Gets a 2kg turnaround on the winner and back onto a dry deck. If hes getting a decent head start from his stablemate he could give her a real race. 1. Grimoire is hard to leave out on his consistent recent form. Last run at 1200m he chased home Tonsor at Canterbury and hes down a notch in class on his latest. Definite chance. 2. Echo Jet controlled things from outside the leader when winning first-up from over a year off. Can only be fitter, might not get such an easy run this time but deserves some respect.
How to play it: Reelem In Ruby to win, quinella 4 and 10.
RACE 6 – 3.45PM: ANZ BLOODSTOCK NEWS HANDICAP (1300m)
7. High Shine is a big market watch at her local debut. Only had three starts, the first against Verry Elleegant and put a space in her rivals winning at start three over a mile. Nice soft trial against open company leading in, jockey booking is significant, and in an open race can feature.
Dangers: 4. Lucky Helmet was a shade slow out and loomed up around the turn before running third to Fasika which is good form. Extra 100m is a plus and if she doesnt miss it this time she could settle closer. Go well. 11. Austria is another ex-Kiwi first-up and she gave away a big start before winning at her third attempt. Not let go in her only local trial and bears close watching. 2. Perfect Pitch is the other main one to consider chasing home a couple of progressive types iRead More – Source